RP Mansion

Welcome to the Roleplay Mansion~! Our 18+ Community strives to provide a friendly, safe space for our content creators. Sign up today and start creating any fantasy your heart desires. All forms of roleplaying are welcomed, and we look forward to having you as a new member of our Mansion.

Fantasy RP Adventure Abound (SeanMallon)

Local Time:
3:19 PM
The township of Rand, in the verdant farmlands and rolling hills within the sprawling province of Amberglaive, was facing a creeping threat. In this budding bread basket of sturdy, sure folk, whispers bounded in the day, and a curfew held people in their homes early in the night. The Lord, Walhiem Rand the 8th had been beseeched for aid from the forest dwelling Orcs that harassed the locals, some organizing into raiding bandits, others deeming swaths of the nearby Ashbark Forest as theirs to encamp and exploit. Needless to say, tensions were rising higher and higher. The Lord however had shifted the gold to the next best thing. Rather than reaching into the coffers to levy the Armies and forces of King Satorius, or seem weak to his fellow Nobility....the Lord laid put a bounty to draw in adventurers and mercenaries. A thousand peices of gold to Adventurer to solve his problems, repel the Orcs by any means, and recover whatever had been taken in the process.

Questing adventurers began to step forward, ferried in by wagons and farmers that ventured out in the day. But there was no luck in the few weeks that this had began, the bounty crept up higher still as the strings of crimes only escalated.

On the dirt roads, a farmer was riding towards Rand, a rickety old thing, hauled by oxen with fresh vegetables and a small gang of hopeful adventurers in tow. The farmer driving was tight lined, an older man with white hair, a hunched stature as and frumped clothing. He clicked his tongue gently, the oxen urged to move faster as they began to wind about the roads towards a Stine bridge, his eyes flicking along the bridge and hype shifted brush that flanked them.

Local Time:
One of the passengers was a young warrior looking to make a name for himself. He kept to himself just like the others. But what made him stand out was his sword.

A weapon of the finest make. In the hilt gleamed a jewel. It was deep red in color. The weapon caught the attention of one of the other passengers. "Hey, nice sword you got there sir." Said a young woman who had her hand on her dagger that was on her hip. The young man shot an immediate gaze that would kill a buzzard. The female warrior suddenly gulped and removed her hand from it's position on the scabbard of her dagger.

Suddenly the older man barked... "We're finally here. The township of Rand. If you're looking for work, I would suggest you goto the town hall. If your here to join in on helping us out with our 'problem' then talk to Captain Renault at the barracks." the old man said before leaving.

The young man looked around the town square where the older man let off his passengers. He saw the townsfolk talked to one another. He started to feel the eyes of the townsfolk upon him. He was wearing a cloak made of the finest materials. Under the cloak he was wearing armor made of some unknown white material.

The young man spoke up in a voice that was soft, but was full of a calm that would rattle some of the town folk down to their very cores. "I'm looking for Captain Renault. Does anybody know where I could find him?" he said. "If your looking to help stranger, the captain could be found at the barracks at this time of the day." An older lady would say before continuing her routine. The young man made his way to the barracks.

When he got there. The barracks was a beehive of activity. At its center was the Captain. He was barking orders to his soldiers and then he suddenly turned to see the new comer. "Excuse me. I don't think you're in the right place." the captain said as he looked over the newcomer. "I'm surprised you forgot about me old friend." The young man barked with a smile. "Wait a second... Jacob Hellraiser? Holy cow. It's really you." Captain Renault said as he smiled in return. "My god. It's been over 5 years since you last visited. But I'm afraid you've come back at a very bad time Jacob." Captain Renault said as his smile turned upside down.

Renault began to explain to Jacob how the Orcs were exploiting the forest to the West. And how other orcs banded together into raiding parties. Sean listened intently as he nods. Thinking to himself 'This problem is bigger than I thought'.

Last edited:
Local Time:
As Jacob let the situation sink in, the look of the gaurd and barracks would align little by little. It hung about the place like smog, how the town gaurd were tense. Clearly not just in the presence of their captain nor their good company. The buzz of the place was choked with gloom. "Captain." A voice came from their flank as a footman approached, his armor was dingy and battered. Beneath his helm where a shaded pair of brown eyes, a rugged young man with a crooked nose, growing stubble. "Isaiah of the Night Watch." He said as he briefly paused and straightened to salute.

As the Captain would turn to him, giving him a nodd to be at ease, Isaiah slid out his other hand. "The Report from the night sir. We've come into contact with another missing persons claim. " He said softly, his voice lowered, but it was like the air got only heavier all the same. "The witness claims that...' Isaiah glanced aside to the Adventurer, but his eyes held no relief or trust. Captain Renault put a hand on the soldiers shoulder. "Not here. We'll speak in my office, go."

Local Time:
The older man gestured with his free hand, starting to lead the way from the heart of the barracks. "The men are stressed and worn to their wits end. The Orcs that have menaced us has them work twice as hard with no reliefs. Night Watch in particular have been strained thin, some have collapsed in Exhaustion and claim they cannot gather any rest from the specter of their duty hanging over them." He said as they moved towards the captains office, the din of motion quieting. "The Adventurers actually have them in better spirits than you'd believe. Before the opening if the Quest offer, I believe we would have seen a wave of resignations."

Local Time:
"The last parties that formed and ventured in the last month, perhaps half have returned from the attempt at unsettling the Orcs. Perhaps they crossed too deeply, or found themselves unable to back up their cause. The Raiding parties have been elusive, some head way has been made on the Northen roads, and the Bridge has been recently cleared." He said as he opened the office door, the man stepping inside. The room was simplistic, likely a recent acquisition rather than an appointment. A desk and chairs were at the ready, with a laying couch along the wall beside the door way. A thrown sheet along it told the tale enough, Renault often slept here as of late. A Map was pinned along with wall, one side was the region, the other the town itself with pins pressed into it in clusters. Isaiah was looking up at it, the guardsmen rubbing his chin.

Local Time:
Jacob puts down his rucksack. He takes out a mages hood, spellbook, maps and a compass. He then opens his maps of the area and starts to formulate a plan. "Captain, talk to the Regent of the area. Tell him to ban travel through the forest till further notice. Furthermore, tell all able bodied adventurers that are still within the town, to meet at the inn. I would like to introduce myself formerly." Jacob said with a nod to the Captain.

Local Time:
"No need to worry about travel bans in those forests to the West, not even the lumberjacks go in that direction anymore. Regent Vane set it up already. " the captain said as he sat down. "I'll have a runner send out the message. Isaiah can handle it."

"Aye, but what's this for?" Isaiah said from the side. "You planning on organizing into a little mercenary band?"

Current Activity:
No one is typing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread

Top Bottom